BASIC OF COMPUTER
The course is designed to aim at imparting a basic level appreciation program for the common man. After completing the course the anybody will be able to use the computer for basic purposes of preparing his personnel/professional/business letters, viewing information on the Internet (the web), sending emails, using internet banking services, etc.
This allows a common man or housewife to be also a part of the computer users list by making them digitally literate. This would also aid the PC penetration program. This helps small businesses, working communities, housewives to maintain their small account/business using the computers and enjoy the world of Information Technology.
- Positive Attitude
- Self Learning Skill
- Willing to learn Attitude
- Basic Fundamental of computers
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adobe Photoshop
- Internet Research
- Online Learning & Earning skills
- Basic Computer Repairing
- Online Security and Privacy
- Digital Content Creation Skills
Course Content Covered
- Knowing computer: What is Computer, Basic Applications of Computer; Components of Computer System, Central Processing Unit (CPU), VDU, Keyboard and Mouse, Other input/output Devices, Computer Memory, Concepts of Hardware and Software; Concept of Computing, Data, and Information; Applications of IECT; Connecting keyboard, mouse, monitor and printer to CPU and checking the power supply.
- Operating Computer using GUI Based Operating System: What is an Operating System; Basics of Popular Operating Systems; The User Interface, Using Mouse; Using right Button of the Mouse and Moving Icons on the screen, Use of Common Icons, Status Bar, Using Menu and Menu-selection, Running an Application, Viewing of File, Folders and Directories, Creating and Renaming of files and folders, Opening and closing of different Windows; Using help; Creating Short cuts, Basics of O.S Setup; Common utilities.
- Understanding Word Processing: Word Processing Basics; Opening and Closing of documents; Text creation and Manipulation; Formatting of text; Table handling; Spell check, language setting, and thesaurus; Printing of word document.
- Using Spread Sheet: Basics of Spreadsheet; Manipulation of cells; Formulas and Functions; Editing of Spread Sheet, the printing of Spread Sheet.
- Introduction to Internet, WWW, and Web Browsers: Basic of Computer networks; LAN, WAN; Concept of the Internet; Applications of the Internet; connecting to the internet; What is ISP; Knowing the Internet; Basics of internet connectivity related troubleshooting, World Wide Web; Web Browsing software, Search Engines; Understanding URL; Domain name; IP Address; Using e-governance website.
- Communications and collaboration: Basics of electronic mail; Getting an email account; Sending and receiving emails; Accessing sent emails; Using Emails; Document collaboration; Instant Messaging; Netiquettes.
- Making Small Presentation: Basics of presentation software; Creating Presentation; Preparation and Presentation of Slides; Slide Show; Taking printouts of presentation/handouts.
- Installation of software: Install Software from CD/DVD. , Install Software from USB/HDD, Install Software through the Internet.
- Installation of Windows OS: Install from CD/DVD, Install from USB/HDD, Setup of Windows, Partitioning of the hard disk., Customizing Changes, Finalizing Windows.
- Installation of Linux OS: Install from CD/DVD, Install from USB/HDD, Setup of Linux, Partitioning of the hard disk., Customizing Changes, Finalizing Linux OS.
Benefits of the PD Course
- Increased ability to overcome anxiety and nervousness when preparing for public speaking
- Ability to control and use your voice in a more effective manner through voice modulation.
- Confidence in public speaking.
- Ability to make quality speeches/presentations.
- Improved English grammar, tenses and vocabulary, and fluency in speaking.
- Knowing new techniques to enhance your public speaking style.
- Improved dressing sense.
- This public speaking course trains you on convincing people to your point of view.
- Making your meaning clear to the audience by keeping them focused on you and your message would be easier after this public speaking course.
- Speak naturally, smoothly, and fluently while all are watching you.
- Making and maintaining eye contact with the audience.
- Start Course: 01/12/2020
- Duration: 15 Days
- Prerequisites: No